STYLISH or STYLIST?

Probably almost a week ago, i met my blogger friends in an event held by LENOVO Indonesia with GO GIRL Magazine.
Lenovo Indonesia was throwing a pre launching event for their upcoming exciting phone, LENOVO S850. During the event, there was a simple workshop about fashion styling. I remember Media Friesna, the stylist of GO GIRL Magazine said "Being stylish doesn't mean you can be a stylist, or the other way around. A stylist sometimes is not stylish at all". Having an experience working as a freelance stylist myself, i secretly agree with her. Styling is not as easy as it seems. It is more than just dressing up a model, it needs thoughts, concept, and moreover, soul. I also agree that i have met some fashion stylist who create lots of great editorial, yet doesn't look stylish at all. Interesting isn't it?

However, coming to my own case, i prefer not to stand on only one side
In this post, i'd like to share a portfolio of mine, a gloomy story in a bright white rendition

DO I ?

"DO I?", photographed by Shakti Siddarta is a distinguished series, portraying the vulnerable part of men during the old era where even a man could not speak a word. Intrigued by the royal authority, we evacuate the emotion into a specific event from a man who is not able to choose his own fate from an ironic moment as so-called royal wedding. Still through my androginous way of styling, here i present "DO I?"

Photographer: Shakti Siddarta // Stylist: Ario Achda // MUA: Rommy Andreas Sasuwe


 That was my "Stylist" side
And this is my "Stylish" side

 I was wearing: UNIQLO Polka Dot Shirt // H&M Broken White pullover // LENOVO S850 white



 Now that we have come to the edge of the post, i think i don't want to choose between "Stylist" or "Stylish"
If you can work both off, then you better work that butt off!
Just like this new accessory by LENOVO. Super stylish *God knows i speak the truth* and again, another magnificent 13MP and 5MP camera to satisfy your "selfie-sh" needs!

So, which side you want to stand on? Stylish or Stylist?
Whatever you are, make sure you put #lenovostayinstyle #stylesnapshare on your instagram posts and join the competition to win a lovely prizes by LENOVO 


Until the next malfunction box ! ! !
~Ario Achda~

5 comment:

Unknown said...

first of all, let me say thank you very much for stopping by and read my blog. I see you're still actively making a blog post too :)

and yes, I agree that being fashion stylist isn't easy. btw, you are pretty good making campaign for lenovo through this post :)

Danny Suyandi said...

nice shoots!
I love the polkadot shirt and quite surprised it's uniqlo!


http://rebellishoes.blogspot.com

Kristel Louisa said...

Totally in love with this editorial! Baguss bgt stylingnya ario!

Knitwear kamu baguss, what a stylish stylist you are! Kamu apa kabaar juga ario? Hope you're doing amazing as always ya ;)

Xx

Unknown said...

cool editorial!!
dan wow stylistnya ario,

www.callmeponyboy.blogspot.com

Rosalinda Tjioe said...

Amazing work kak! Love the editorial!

http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com