THE TERRIBLE HISPTER

"You're so damn hipster"
"Ow look at you, a hipster guy"

...
These past years, such sentence has been said to me a lot. Apparently, people think that i am a so-called hipster because of how i dress. It is somehow non-mainstream, even if i have become much more subtle and plain lately, according to some people, it still has the hipster flair...

On some other occasion, when i was going karaoke with a bunch of friends, whenever they found out how mainstream the song playlist that i sing, they will be like

"Are you kidding me? You are so failed hipster"
"No way you're singing this, such a poser"

Those would come to me. So now, people are judging me from my music taste, strongly opinionated that i am a "Poser", which means, "A hipster wanna-be"

...
My first question is:  Why won't people leave us alone?
My second question: I didn't even know what hipster and poser was, now both are labelled to me, who responsible for that?

According to my short research (google), this is the definition of Hipsters


"Hipsters are a subculture of men and women typically in their 20's and 30's that value independent thinking, counter-culture, progressive politics, an appreciation of art and indie-rock, creativity, intelligence, and witty banter"


As the time goes by, the definition of a hipsters moved to a stereotype of a certain kind of fashion that goes the opposite from the mainstream one. Now THAT is probably where all the label came from
Some become hipsters, some others become posers

Me, personally, and so are my friends, never wanted to be a hipster in the first place
We didn't know what it was and didn't even try to be one
We wear what we like, we sing what we like
If that makes us a "poser" then i guess we don't mind being one

People need to relax and stop labelling people

And by the way, these next photos were taken from Jakara Street Style project by Sugi Hermawan for his final thesis, sporting a preppified and *somehow dapper maybe* attire. This is what i've been digging lately
Going for the GQ and SARTORIALIST look which i think kinda suits me and my personality, regardless the uncontrollable gained weight *complaining the same stuff again*
LOL 


Again, this is me *and my friends*, the terrible hipsters...


sharing the frame with bestfriends Amril Ardi / Melody Marvely / Yudhie Soekotjo
I was wearing: Unbranded small red gingham shirt // unbranded baby blue blazer // TOPMAN polka dot skinny tie // Salt and Pepper Navy Chinos // ZARA navy clutch // ZARA fringed loafer // H&M anchor pocketsquare //Assorted bracelets
  


Until the next malfunction box ! ! ! 
~Ario Achda~

4 comment:

IPIHIPPIE said...

OMG cool dapper style! Love the whole combo!

IPIHIPPIE

VALERIE said...

Look so dope! Omg love all the photos, perf!

xx,
valerie

Rosalinda Tjioe said...

You look so cool as always kak ario! Love the combination of plaid and pale blue <3 x

http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

Mitha Komala said...

omg love those colors on you! please blog more now ;p

Letters To Juliet